Biocoat, Inc. is a growing private firm. We pride ourselves as Chemists and experts on coatings, substrates and adhesion. Take your career to the next level and come join the Biocoat Team.
Applicants should print and fill out an application form in advance of a visit.
Click here to download.
Posted on 9/21/2015
Responsibilities include: work with the VP/CTO Coatings to develop coatings processes for new applications. Work with the Business Unit manager, Fertility Products & VP Reproductive Technology to develop improved/automated production processes. Work with the Production Manager – Coatings to improve/scale up/repair processes. Responsibilities may include the writing of SOPs or reports, documenting new equipment through the IQ/OQ/PQ processes, simple troubleshooting of some manufacturing or equipment issues, and interfacing with customers and/or auditors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform work in accordance with needs detailed by Process Engineer
- Operation and maintenance of the coatings line
- Assist Process Engineer with dip coater equipment to resolve problems, troubleshooting, and fixtures
- Assist with design, engineering, contracting of new/expanded facilities
- Assist licensees & prospects in setting up their own coating facilities with technology transfer, conceptual design, equipment specs, suppliers, training, validation, etc.
- Provide full documentation on IQ, OQ and PQ activities
- Use proper cleanroom gowning and handling techniques, where applicable
- Prepare standard operating procedures or reports when necessary
- Interface with customers, suppliers, auditors, and agencies, when necessary
- Design of Experiments
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
At the discretion of the hiring manager:
- Ability to operate in a cleanroom and laboratory environment
- Strong focus on safety, and ability to operate safely
- Plan and schedule work duties; self – starter
- Ability to interact with outside parties; good written documentation and verbal skills
- Strong Technical Writing Skills
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow written procedures
- Ability to work in a small company environment
- 2+ years chemical or mechanical engineering experience
- Experienced with small scale chemical process equipment
- Experience in medical device industry is a plus